4. On 1 January Year 1, Claire McKay and Sean Cahill went into a business partnership
with equity (capital) of £50,000 and £25,000 respectively.
(a) A Partnership Agreement with the following conditions was drawn up at the
commencement of their business.
• Interest on equity (capital) will be paid at 5% per annum.
• Each partner will take 20% of their equity (capital) invested each year as
• Interest on drawings is 2% per annum.
• Claire McKay will be paid a salary of £5,000 per annum.
• Sean Cahill has provided the business with a long term loan of £20,000. He
will receive annual interest of 4%.
• Profits are to be shared in the ratio of equity (capital) invested.
For the year ended 31 December Year 1 the business earned a Profit for the Year
(Net Profit) of £35,000.
From the above information you are required, for year ended 31 December
Year 1, to prepare the:
(i) Partnership Appropriation Account;
(ii) Current Account of each partner.
(b) On 1 January Year 2, Claire and Sean decide to admit Rachael Young as a new
partner subject to the following conditions.
Prior to Rachael’s admission, assets of the existing partnership will be revalued
as outlined below.
Asset Old Value New Value
Property £19,400 £26,000
Machinery £18,000 £14,400
Delivery Vans £12,000 £10,000
Inventory (Stock) £28,000 £20,000
• Professional revaluation costs amount to £2,000.
• Goodwill is estimated at £12,000 and is to be written off against the Equity
(Capital) Accounts of the new partnership.
• Rachael will invest £25,000 as Equity (Capital) in the partnership.
• Rachael will receive 25% share of profits and Claire and Sean will continue to
share the remainder in the same proportions as before.
Calculate for the new partnership:
(i) the surplus/deficit on the revaluation of assets;
(ii) the new profit sharing ratios for all 3 partners;
(iii) the updated equity (capital) balances for Claire McKay, Sean Cahill and
Write my Essay. I am looking for someone to write my essay? Welcome, you are at the right place. Our writes will help you out. Provide us with the instructions and one of our writers will deliver a unique, no plagiarism, and professional paper.
Get help with your toughest assignments and get them solved by our team of expert writers. Get your Essay from A Simple Idea to a complete paper. Save time, money and get quality papers.
Get Professional Assistance with Writing Your Papers!